Friday 24 April 2015

Surreal Imagination.

Howling dogs, hooting owls.
Stars obscured behind the clouds.
Cool breeze stroking my head, 
as I fly.
Rustling leaves beneath the sky.
 
***

The night begins with dusk,
ends with dawn.
Searching for my dreams,
I stroll this vast expanse of lawns.
 
***
 
 
Tired, I crawl into my bed.
For dreams are my only solace, 
from this terrible pain, 
the misery of infatuation.

***

The glaciers melt, 
reflecting light from the oceans.
Deeper & deeper, the treasure lies.
the chest full of perceptions.
Oh, seek the profound devotion.
 
 
***
 
I find you sitting inside a pearl.
Smiling at me, conjuring my visions.
Just then, I discover the harsh truth.
Broken hallucinations.
 
***
 
You're gone, 
I can't feel you now.
Sitting inside the pearl,
I lock myself with my shadow.
Such desolation.
I wait for the morning sun,
 to wake me up and end this surreal imagination.

***

Is it over? Yet?
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Flow of words was terrific...

    Deeper & deeper, the treasure lies.
    the chest full of perceptions.

    Loved these lines... Keep penning more poetic verses...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! Yeah, will definitely continue writing! :)

      Delete
  2. I liked the way how you have culminated this wonderful work. One often finds difficulty understanding that it was just an imagination.

    ReplyDelete