Saturday 18 July 2015

Isolation.

These days I'm a bit reclusive.
Never realized how alienated I feel.
I recognize you,
maybe you do too.
We greet each other with a lie.
A fake hello and a goodbye.

***

Something's strange.
I feel so isolated.
Didn't realize, 
so many folks have gone astray.
I've lost my friends in this life's fray.

***

Are you still on the same page,
Where we last looked up?
Or have you burnt the book,
 and maybe fucked up.
This ain't a fairytale.
 Unless you finish that ale!


***

Gazing into your eyes.
The light that enlightens my soul.
I find it missing.
I snap out of that maze,
searching for a clue.
Afraid, that I'm gradually losing you.
Don't you go away too soon.
We still have to disembark,
on our journey past the moon.

***

You call me your friend.
But that's a dead end.
You know nothing about me.
Can't see beyond the walls,
you're only allowed to read the graffiti.
Inside here, I'm the king of my own city.
Sorry, we don't have that connection anymore.
Oh! You were so close, 
to breaking my isolation door...

***

3 comments: