Wednesday 1 July 2015

Conversation.

Saw her at the cafeteria today,
sitting two tables across.
I was with my friends,
she was with another guy, 
who probably looked like my boss.

***

I think she saw me there,
we exchanged glances slyly.
I wanted to talk to her,
but I knew it'd be awkward.
The guy left within an hour,
And now she was sitting alone.
"Come on, go ahead talk to her"
cried my inner tone.
I rose from my chair,
proceeding towards her table.
Everything felt like an unusual fable.

***

"Hello, nice to see you here!", I said.
"Oh, hi dear!" she replied.
"Mind if I join?"
"Yes, Of course! 
So long, haven't heard from you. 
Where on earth have you been?" she exclaimed!
"Haha! I might ask you the same question!"
We laughed and talked for hours,
reminiscing about our old memories.
Her voice felt like a nectar, 
dripping from the honeysuckle flowers! 
Glad, I broke the ice with a knife.
I was having the time of my life! 

***

Suddenly, I felt a pat on my back,
the guy with whom she was sitting earlier was back.
"Get up!" he screamed.
His words kept ringing in my ears,
until I went deaf.
He splashed the glass of ice cold water,
right on my face.
And the next thing I realized,
I woke up perplexed.
"Get up! You sleepy ass!",
shouted my friend.
I was still at my table,
but she had already left...

***

I couldn't conquer, 
the walls of my ego and pride.
Maybe I was too shy,
But damn, I didn't even try.
I screwed up my chance.
And now when I look back at that dream,
it was the best conversation I ever had!

*** 


No comments:

Post a Comment